Monday, January 12, 2015

First Days of Being a Vegetarian

Day 1:

This seemed to be fairly easier than expected solely because I spent my whole day at work from the minute I woke up until I got home and went to bed. Granted I work at a restaurant but we were so busy that I didn't have time to even sit down and think about the fact that I wasn't eating meat. We ended our shift at work with a pizza that management bought for us so I ate a slice of cheese and called it a day. I know I should have eaten more and part of this challenge was to explore more food options and ways to make a meal without using any meat, but with a full time job it's easier said than done. I was glad that I didn't hit that craving wall of I need a burger or should I eat a chicken finger?

Day 2:

This started about the same as yesterday, I got up and went straight to work and managed not to have a chance to eat anything there because of how busy we were. I made it home around 7:30, this shift wasn't as long, and being a broke post graduate adult I don't have the most stocked refrigerator. I meant to go to the grocery store before I started this challenge so I could actually cook vegetarian meals while doing so. I wanted to get started with this challenge right away so I voided the shopping until I could find the time. Day 2 ended with some toast with peanut butter and trail mix, and that's just what I could find in our apartment!


   Unfortunately Day 3 will be very similar to Day 1 because I, once again, have a double at work but I will try to explore more options that I have with down time. A friend of mine shared a link of vegetarian meals you should try in 2015. I plan on trying at least 2 or 3 before the end of the week. Considering how many meals there are I would love to try 1 a day for a whole month, but that is a whole separate challenge to be faced. This week of being a vegetarian is going to be difficult, but I have two days under my belt and I am looking forward to the rest of the week! Depending on how the week goes I might extend my own challenge...we shall see.

Here to say it,
postgradgay

Nineteen // Tegan and Sara

No comments:

Post a Comment