Sunday, January 4, 2015

First Blog

   This is a first for me, I'm not a writer and I never did that good of a job at it in college. I'm a full year out and I wanted to write a blog about things I've learned being in the real world. I don't have an "adult" job but I make a living on my own and I enjoy being independent. I am solely writing this blog for myself because I have learned that somethings you don't really learn until you see it right in front of you. I'm going to take my own advice and write it all out so it's something I have to look at and if someone stumbles across this blog and they see information that might be useful for them than that is great.
   I know the blog is postgradgay but that doesn't mean everything I'm going to write deals with gay relationships and issues because contrary to popular belief they are often very similar to heterosexual issues as well. I don't want to write too much personal information about myself because it really doesn't matter, but I am a young gay man who just graduated college and living in the state of Kentucky and this is my blog.
   I look forward to getting this started in the next couple of days and actually find out why it is people decide to write blogs and try to "discover themselves".  You never know, I could be one of those people and I wouldn't be mad if I did but the way I see myself discovering myself is by going out in the world and exploring. People take for granted taking a one week vacation and just doing something you never thought you would do. Just because you want to travel doesn't mean you have to go across the seas. I want to travel and go to a music festival or a state I've never visited, it's little things like that you can do and never regret. 
   Rambling is something I am too good at and I just wanted to state what this blog was going to be about. Before I get on all the topics I want to get to I'm going to sign off and see where this blog takes me. I've decided going to end each post with a song that I'm currently listening to. It could have nothing to do with the post or everything. I just love music.

Here to say it,
postgradgay

Get Away // CHVRCHES

No comments:

Post a Comment