Friday, January 16, 2015

Final Days of Vegetarianism

   I only have a couple days left of my week as a vegetarian and it has been going smoothly, but yesterday was my first day when I actually had the craving for chicken or meat of some kind. It doesn't help that the restaurant I work is not really vegetarian friendly, we have a black bean burger that I really enjoyed, but that's about it besides salads. I think my body has finally started to notice I'm not eating any meat, and it's getting mad at me. It has been nice to order like a vegetarian when going out to eat because at some places you realize there aren't really a lot of options, I'm sure they don't only want salads all the time. I've managed to stay away from fish because my challenge this week was to be a vegetarian, not a pescetarian, so I have kind of been living off of black bean burgers and salads.
I'm not sure if many of you know this, but Chipotle recently started a tofu option at their stores and Chipotle is my personal heaven so when I heard about this I thought why not give it a try, because I won't want to do it when I'm not doing this challenge anymore. As someone who has a deep love for Chipotle I can tell you that the burrito was really good! They shredded the tofu and mixed it with chiles so not only did it not look like that image of tofu we all think of, but it actually tasted pretty damn good. That was a nice experience because I know I would never think to try something like that normally.

   I finally managed to go grocery shopping, at 2 in the morning, and even though I only have a few days left of this challenge I only bought vegetarian items. I got some veggie burgers to make at home, some organic vegetarian burritos, some yogurt with berries and a few other things. I know I could buy meat and have it for when this week is up, but why tempt myself? If I buy it I know it's there and it will just be sitting there waiting for me to get a craving again. Today is a new day and I'm excited that the challenge is almost over, but I'm still not sure if I plan on continuing this or not, I guess we will just have to wait and see how Sunday goes! Sorry this is such a short post, just wanted to catch you all up on how the challenge is going.

Here to say it,
postgradgay

The Chain // Ingrid Michelson

No comments:

Post a Comment